Is all about developing self-confidence, building friendships, learning new things and having fun. Girls get together every week for one hour enjoying games, cookery, outings and arts and crafts.
Rainbows follow a programme called the Rainbow Jigsaw, which is split into four parts; Look, Learn, Laugh, Love:
- Look: We encourage girls to look around them, learn about their own environment/community and understand that they are part of a wider world.
- Learn: Rainbows learn by taking part in a wide range of activities such as trying out crafts and recipes, playing games and visiting local places of interest.
- Laugh: Rainbows have lots of fun. Meetings involve games, songs, parties, celebrations and making a mess! Girls love sleepovers too!
- Love: Through Rainbows, girls learn about caring and sharing with family and friends, working together, fair play, and being considerate and helpful to others.
Suitable for ages 5 - 7.
Is about helping to put a smile on young faces and creating confident young women. It’s also a great way to make new friends.
There are 2036 Brownies in Edinburgh and they all follow a programme called the Brownie Adventure – a world of exciting opportunities, challenges and most of all, fun.
The Brownie Adventure is divided into three sections: You, Community and World.
Through this action-packed programme, girls can build confidence by developing new skills, learning about the wider community, finding out about different cultures and getting involved with global issues like the environment and endangered species.
Edinburgh Brownies attend meetings that are packed with all sorts of games, crafts, outings and challenges. We are fond of campfires too, and love nothing more than getting together with Rainbows and Guides from all over the city for a great big sing song!
Girls can earn Brownie interest badges which cover a huge range of hobbies, from circus skills to exploring wildlife and everything in between, and they are encouraged to work towards them at home too.
Suitable for ages 7 - 10.
We meet on Tuesdays in the Session Room at the Church
- Rainbows: 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Brownies: 7:00pm - 8:15pm
Units charge ‘subs’ to cover the cost of equipment and hire of the meeting place. These can be paid weekly, monthly or each term. There’s also an annual subscription which covers the day-to-day running of the charity. This is sometimes included in the subs. Subs vary from area to area – your local leader will be able to tell you how much subs are and when they need to be paid.
You can register your daughter via Girlguiding Scotland at https://www.girlguidingscotland.org.uk/get-involved/joining-for-girls.
For further information, please get in touch.