ADAPT provides drug & alcohol support within the Edinburgh area to young parents who have addiction issues.
The overall aim of the service is to ensure young parents are given the necessary support to reduce and ultimately cease their substance misuse.
This will result in and increased likelihood that their children will be able to remain within the parental home.
We will work alongside a number of locally based organisations to offer a package of support including drug and alcohol counselling, parenting advice, personal support and health advice.
Where appropriate, housing within the Edinburgh area may also be available.
Who can use this service?
Families affected by substance misuse, including pre birth support and up until the child is eight years of age.
More about this service
The service consists of:
- Flexible support that meets the needs of the young parent(s) and their families
- Support to facilitate child contact
- Practical help to access essential childcare items e.g. buggies, bedding, bottles etc...
There is also a wide range of other support available through accessing ADAPT such as:
- Support to deal with phone calls and correspondence
- Help with home-making and life-skills
- Help to access health services
- Advice on debts, budgeting and benefits advice
- Help in finding education, training and employment opportunities
ADAPT is a comprehensive service providing a complete package of support, help and advice for young parents with addiction issues.