The aim of the Gowrie Student Support service is to enable you to attend Dundee College or the university of your choice (if eligible for SAAS funding), and provide support in a way that will help you.
The list below highlights some of the ways we could support you:
- Support and Travel to and from college or university
- Assisting you with your mobility and to get to and from different campuses
- Enabling you in college/ university- Note taking, scribing, support in class to complete work
- Study time, organisation of work
- Support you with communicating (including the use of aids)
- Emotional Support
- Social Support- During breaks and Lunchtimes
- Physical support with having lunch
- Completing forms for college/ university
- Liaising with other departments and professionals to tutors and other students
- Advising and supporting individuals to access other services available to them
- Assisting with personal care, this can include assistance going to the bathroom, use of hoist, support to change clothes etc
However, this is not an exhaustive list; every individual has different support needs, tailored through Person Centred Planning.
Our Student Support Service can help you achieve your learning potential by offering you the support you need to partake in further education. The care team offer a person centred and tailored made support service that suits your needs.
We offer a safe and secure learning environment where we will support you to reach your educational goals.Our care package is non-judgemental, professional, confidential and flexible to changing needs such as timetables.
We are always looking for ways to improve and personalise the care we offer. We regularly ask the people we support for feedback on the service.
This is an Autism Accredited service.
For further information, please get in touch.