The charity purchased Whitefoord House in 1910.
We aim to provide a quality service to meet our residents needs and expectations. Our service is delivered by a dedicated team of staff led by professional managers.
Situated on the Canongate on Edinburgh's historic Royal Mile, Whitefoord House enjoys a central location ideally placed for all local amenities with a Post Office, shops and library all within walking distance. Waverley Station and Princes Street are within 10 minutes walk and Lothian Buses service 35 passes every 30 minutes.
Whitefoord House offers residents privacy, security, an opportunity to meet new friends, and a place to invite family and existing friends.
- Type(s): Housing with support.
- Properties: 92 flats. Built in 1800 and renovated in 2005.
- Sizes of room: Studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom. Includes mobility and wheelchair standard properties.
- Services: Resident management staff, non-resident management staff (24hours) and community alarm service.
- Facilities: Lift, lounge, dining room, laundry, garden, bowling green and gym facilities
- Accessibility: Access to site easy. Distances: bus stop 50 yards; shop 100 yards; post office 500 yards; town centre 1 mile(s); GP 1 mile(s); social centre 1 mile(s).
- Lifestyle: Scheme for, or of particular interest to: ex-service man and women.
- Leisure: Games Room and Internet access.
- Social: Regular social activities include various functions and commemorative events.
- Food: Some meals available (3 meals a day).
- Tenure: Rent (social landlord).
Whitefoord House offers residents privacy, security, an opportunity to meet new friends, and a place to invite family and existing friends. It enjoys a central location and features:
- All meals are enjoyed in the residents dining room.
- Residents shop and café.
- Sitting rooms for entertaining family and friends.
Each resident has their own fully furnished, en-suite room and a laundry service is provided. Meals are served in the residents dinning room with a wide selection on offer and a varied menu is available. The residents shop/café is a popular focal point for residents to catch up with friends and family or to sit and read and enjoy a tea or coffee.
Residents also have their own games room where they enjoy snooker, pool, darts, dominoes and other board games. In 2008 we added a small but well equipped gymnasium for residents to use.
Accommodation charges paid by residents are based on each individual's personal circumstances. For those residents who are on limited means the charges are met by a combination of personal contribution, based on personal circumstances, and statutory funding support e.g. Housing Benefit and Income Support. No applicant is ever turned away for financial reasons.
For further information about vacancies please e-mail us, complete our online accommodation enquiry form at www.svronline.org or give us a call