||13a Spittal Street, East Fountainbridge
||0131 229 3555
- Arts and Culture
- Learning Disability
- Physical Disability
- Sensory Impairment
Through involvement in art we make connections between people, their experiences and our community - we value people for who they are and celebrate diversity.
Artlink is an arts and disability organisation established in 1984. Artlink believes participation in the arts has an important role to play in realising personal and social change. Our aim is to increase opportunities to take part in the arts for those who experience disadvantage or disability in the East of Scotland. We offer practical support so people can get involved and work with venues to increase opportunities to enjoy the arts. Artlink establishes partnerships with artists, venues and organisations to help encourage positive change.
- Supports the right to participate in cultural life regardless of disability.
- Promotes diversity by drawing on lived experiences to inform arts responses which are relevant and enduring.
- Challenges every day inequalities by encouraging creative thinking to offer positive solutions.
- Encourages individuals and organisations from diverse backgrounds to work together.
- Learns through open dialogue; challenging our own practice in pursuit of our ideals.
We want to learn more about the potential of art within communities, how it can enhance individual lives, how it helps raise awareness when something isn’t working the way it should or how it can encourage us to look at issues from a different perspective.