||26 Hailesland Place, Wester Hailes
||0131 458 9860
- Older People
- Physical Disability
- Self Help/Support
- Social Care
Cornerstone is one of Scotland's largest charities and a leading provider of services for people with disabilities and other support needs.
Cornerstone was founded by Nick Baxter in 1980 when he brought together a group of parents and professionals who were concerned about the lack and quality of services available to people with learning disabilities and their families.
Since then Cornerstone has grown to:
- Support over 2,600 people.
- Operate over 200 services.
- Have 5 social firms.
- Employ over 2,000 staff.
- Facilitate 300 volunteers a year.
- Have a turnover in excess of £30 million.
We support people of all ages with a variety of needs, including:
- Learning disabilities.
- Physical disabilities.
- Autism and related disorders.
- Head injuries.
- Terminal illness.
- Mental health problems.
- Canalside Day Care Centre (older adults, dementia).
- Canalside Connects (older adults).
- In Your Corner (young adult carer support service).