Welcome to the Edinburgh Branch of the Embroiderers Guild.
We are open to lovers of textile art in all its forms.
Many of our members are highly experienced, well-qualified textile artists of long standing who regularly exhibit their work locally and nationally. Others are amateurs who just enjoy the opportunities the Embroiderers' Guild has to offer.
This is what we do:
- Meet like-minded textile artists in a variety of settings to exchange ideas, information, bounce ideas off each other and above all have fun.
- Meet monthly from September to June for evening lectures on textile-related topics or social evenings.
- Stitch of the Month (Beginner stitching) at monthly evening meeting.
- Occasional full-day workshops led by tutors with national or local reputation.
- Take part in group projects.
- Opportunities to exhibit work.
- Sip n Stitch - the chance to get together to stitch in an informal setting.
- Young Embroiderers meet monthly on Saturday mornings.
- Regional and National Conferences with major speakers.
The Embroiders Guild is a national organisation, please see www.embroiderersguild.com for further information.