Only services that are currently available during COVID-19 are listed in the directory.
In line with Government advice, most groups and organisations in the city have had to take the unfortunate decision to suspend face to face and group work activities. Please telephone or email the contacts listed for the group or organisation if you are interested in their work to check what alternative arrangements might be available.
||18 York Place
||0131 510 9410
- Community Development
- Advice Agencies
SIAA advocates for independent advocacy.
It is a membership organisation that has the overall aim of ensuring that Independent Advocacy is available to any vulnerable person in Scotland. Independent Advocacy safeguards people who are vulnerable and discriminated against or whom services find difficult to serve, empowering people who need a stronger voice by enabling them to express their own needs and make their own decisions.
The Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance (SIAA) promotes, supports and defends the principles and practice of Independent Advocacy across Scotland. The SIAA does this by:
- Providing a strong national voice for Independent Advocacy organisations
- Supporting the growth of existing Independent Advocacy organisations
- Promoting the development of new Independent Advocacy organisations
- Encouraging existing advocacy organisations towards independence
Our functions include:
- Providing information and support to the membership, who are made up of local Independent and Non-Independent Advocacy organisations.
- Providing information for voluntary sector organisations, statutory agencies and other interested parties.
- Developing and sharing best practice.
- Working as a central agency to gather and distribute information.
- Representing advocacy organisations at various levels.
- Raising awareness and understanding of Independent Advocacy across Scotland.
- Ensuring that Independent Advocacy is increasingly available through influencing current and future national practice and policy.
If you would like to know more about the work of the SIAA, please contact us and subscribe to our weekly E-bulletin or read previous issues.
The SIAA is not a Regulatory Body.