Changeworks advisors can help householders to understand heating and electricity bills, switch accounts to different energy suppliers, talk to their energy company and help with energy debt and emergency credit. The team can also help with access to grants and emergency funds.
WHEN: Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
TELEPHONE: 0131 555 4010 ask for Affordable Warmth Team
AREA(S) COVERED City Wide
INTENDED SERVICE USERS; Older People; Young People; Families;BME and/or Equality Groups, Carers, Adults
TYPE(S) OF SUPPORT: Phoneline Fuel Poverty
Normal service details...
The Affordable Warmth Advice service is a long-established service providing free, in-depth, impartial advice and support to householders in Edinburgh, Lothians, Borders and the Highlands, who are in or at risk of fuel poverty.
We provide advice in the home, at advice surgeries, over the telephone, by post and by email and through a range of interactive workshops.
We can support people to:
- Keep their home affordably warm and dry, even if they are on a low income
- Understand their electricity, heating and/or gas bills and manage energy debt
- Know how to save energy in the home, including how to use their heating and hot water systems
- Read their meters, including getting to grips with pre-payment meters
- Switch to a cheaper supplier or tariff
- Access grants to install energy efficiency measures
- Access better payment methods and fairer debt repayment terms
If you think someone is struggling with the cost of keeping their home warm, or they are worried about their energy bills, we can help. We can also work with you to help you to spot the signs of fuel poverty, provide basic advice and know when to refer people to us for further support.
If you would like further information or if you would like an Affordable Warmth Advisor to contact you please:
Fill in our on-line contact format https://www.changeworks.org.uk/referral.
Phone us on freephone 0808 808 2282