After School/Homework Club (ASCH) for children aged between 5-14 years of age.
The primary aim is to support and nurture each child’s individuality and personality development by catering to their individual needs. The club aims to provide learning support to those disadvantaged children who have very little help at home due to the low literacy level of parents/guardians.
Children/young people have a wide variety of needs and characteristics that may require special consideration – these include age, race, ethnicity, religion, culture and social difference. Nari Kallyan Shangho (NKS) endeavours to provide a quality care to school going children, and meet their needs to support them in their physical and mental development. This, the project strives to do by providing stimulating activities in the NKS After School/Homework Club (ASHC), and by helping children with their home work. Please contact NKS if you need more details.
The objectives of home work club:
- Helping children to develop their bilingual skills by providing sessions on their first language as well as the English language
- Helping children with their home work under the supervision of club workers
- Providing online educational programmes during the after school club hours
- Encouraging outdoor activities by providing various sports activities
- Encouraging healthier lifestyle by introducing them to healthy eating
- Encouraging independence, self confidence through various learning activities
- Creating better communication channels between parents and child through interactive sessions
Mondays and Thursdays - 4:00pm to 6:00pm
Fridays - 12:45 pm to 3:45 pm
A range of activities will be provided to support positive mental and physical development of children.
Please contact NKS if you need more details.
The after school club is registered with the Care Inspectorate.