Any person from any community who has the knowledge and skills to help someone in the fields of employment and education, he/she can be a mentor. A mentor’s commitment is limited to take one day mentor training to help the respective mentee for 2 to 3 hours per week not exceeding 6 months. The required support and supervision is provided to mentors by LINKnet staff.
Everyone can be a mentor at LINKnet. All have expertise in one field or other and may be able to help a ME person who does not have that expertise. The desire and commitment to help develop another persons' life is the primary requirement to become a mentor with LINKnet.
Becoming a mentor with LINKnet benefits you in multiple ways, one of which is the great personal satisfaction you gain by developing & helping to improve the quality of life of another person. Your contribution does not end with the development of one person. It has a ripple effect that the development of one person results in developing many others.
Benefits to Mentors
- Sharpen current knowledge
- Gain new knowledge
- Exposure to different cultures and environments
- Improve employability
- Recognition by individuals and institutions
- New contacts and wider networking
- See opportunities from within, private, public and voluntary sector organisations or/and educational institutions
- Increase self-esteem and self-confidence
- Review and revalidate what you have achieved so far
- Receive a good training that includes, communication, coaching and counselling skills and knowledge on equality legislation, confidentiality policy and cultural sensitivity
- Open your eyes to your own true potential
For further information, please get in touch.