Covid-19 Service UPDATE...
Continuing to provide recovery oriented interventions for homeless men living in this therapeutic supported environment.
Normal service details...
The Centre provides access to a selection of recovery programmes including structured group-work, one-to-one support, recreation, work activities and training opportunities. There is a focus on a Christian recovery programme, however individuals who do not want a faith aspect are also accommodated and provided with a tailored recovery programme.
Homeless and vulnerable men aged 17 - 70 with drug or alcohol problems who wish to take part in a work training program
Accommodation is provided in a community setting for men who have a desire to work toward living independently but who do not yet feel ready to take this step. There are 18 spaces in a combination of 3 twin and 12 single bedrooms. Meals are provided from the central kitchen and eaten together in the dining room. Residents are encouraged to be involved with the preparation and serving of meals, and to have a responsibility for participating in kitchen duty. Public areas are made up of a quiet room, a television lounge, a communal dining room, a residents’ tearoom, a laundry room, and a garden.
Staff offer advice and help with applications, budgeting, how to maintain a tenancy, court reports. Addiction recovery group work. Daily work and training programme. Recreational activities and optional prayer meetings.
Specialist addiction worker within team providing individual support and advice regarding addiction, recovery and associated issues.
Access to move-on
Advice on move-on options, help with forms and finding furniture. Referral to floating support service. Ex-residents may use the Centre for ongoing support including weekly meetings, work training programme, addiction counselling and use of facilities..
House rules and tenure
Compulsory daily chores, weekly meetings, addiction awareness training, voluntary work. No alcohol. Smoking in single rooms only. Occupancy agreement.
Curfew 11:00pm - 7:00am.
Between 5:00pm - 10:00pm weekdays and 9:00am - 10:00pm weekends. No overnight guests.
- Accommodation is offered to men between the ages of 18-65 with addiction problems and a desire to make changes to their lifestyle.
- Bethany Christian Centre is a dry house and residents must have a desire to adopt a completely alcohol and drug free lifestyle.
- Individuals will be admitted on the premise that they want to address their addiction issues through one-to-one and group support.
- As one of the main emphasis of Bethany Christian Centre is community living it is important that each resident is at ease with this social setting and with the Christian ethos it is based upon.
- Admission is on the understanding that the individual expects to stay for a minimum of 6 months before moving on to further accommodation.
- Residents at Bethany Christian Centre are required to sign an occupancy agreement. They are advised that if they fail to meet their responsibilities under the terms of the agreement, they may be asked to leave. A copy of the occupancy agreement is available on request.
How to apply
For further information please contact the Duty Worker at Bethany Christian Trust on 0131 454 3125.