We provide support for children and young people through a range of different services.
Inter School Social Education Project (ISSEP), North Edinburgh
ISSEP is a unique mentoring project which provides academic and emotional support to local primary-aged children. Children benefit from weekly 1 to 1 support delivered by a volunteer mentor in their final year of secondary school.
For children we:
- Provide a consistent 1:1 mentor, one afternoon per week for the entire school year
- Support homework and a positive approach to learning
- Respond to individuals’ different needs and abilities
- Provide a range of fun activities including digital photography, arts and crafts, cooking and board games; indoor as well as outdoor physical activities such as football
- Accept referrals from local primary schools
For mentors we:
- Provide a first-class opportunity for volunteering, which is undertaken by some as part of accredited schemes such as Duke of Edinburgh
- Increase your confidence and skills in working with young children
- Develop your knowledge of children’s development
- Provide the chance to get to know some great children!
For further information, please get in touch.