Like our residential service, a ‘whole school approach’ is applied to our day service, with day pupils benefitting from all the on-site resources available. Our dedicated multi-disciplinary staff team work flexibly, allowing the day service to operate during the core school hours of 8.45am to 3.40pm, as well as support being provided within the family home and community, according to assessed need.
We recognise that working with the child is only part of the solution. Working in partnership with families is a vital component of our work. Through building positive relationships, alongside strengths-based and solution focused approaches, we enable parents and carers to improve relationships with and contribute more fully to the care and education of their children.
The Day service team aims to work from a child centred approach, working in partnership with parents / carers and professionals to maximise opportunities for each child to:
- Access education and learning in a positive way
- Make sense of their experiences to develop a coherent life story
- Experience successes and achievements throughout all areas of their development
- Develop positive and trusting relationships with adults and peers
- Experience a sense of security within their family base and educational setting
Staff work collaboratively to ensure that any transition from Harmeny is as smooth as possible, with ongoing supports provided as appropriate.
For children aged 5 to 14.
Should you wish information on our fees, please contact Nicky Findlay, Head of Finance & Estates, on 0131 449 3938, or by email at: email@example.com