The Edinburgh & Lothian Trust Fund makes grants to individuals in need, but does not accept applications directly from members of the public.
Applications for individual grants must be submitted via a post holder in a local authority, NHS, or voluntary sector agency.
Among the General Fund grants available to individuals, The Edinburgh & Lothian Trust Fund administers the Ponton House Trust on behalf of Lindsays WS Solicitors, for young people in need in the City of Edinburgh, especially for those with a disability.
Applications can be completed and submitted online, please see http://www.eltf.org.uk/funds/grants-for-individuals.
Conditions for grants to individuals/families in need
- Applications for financial assistance to individuals in need can only be accepted from a post holder in a local authority, NHS or a voluntary sector agencies. Suitable post holders include social workers, Health Visitors, midwife, G.P., Head Teachers, family support worker. In case of doubt please contact the Trust Administrator.
- Only one application on behalf of an individual will be considered in a twelve-month period. Maximum grant £250.
- Applications may be for any relevant and urgent need except student fees or equipment, repayment of debt of any type, holidays anywhere except in special circumstances, e.g. where a holiday is arranged by a recognised charity. Priority will be given to applications where there is serious illness of the individual or in the family, which should be stated.
- Applications will normally be processed on a continuous basis. The application system will show a confirmation page when the application is successfully submitted. Email acknowledgements are sent to the post holder on application submission.
- Payments cannot be made directly to an individual, only to the applicant agency by BACS transfer, so bank account details are required. The application must be digitally signed by a Finance Officer or Line Manager. If the application is successful we will send your award confirmation by email.
- If successful, an acknowledgement form is forwarded with the notification of grant, and this should be returned with receipts for the items purchased within four weeks of receiving the grant.
- Any unpaid or unused portion of grant should be returned to The Edinburgh & Lothian Trust Fund within a two-month period of receipt by the agency, otherwise future applications may not be considered.
Download the Edinburgh and Lothian Trust Fund leaflet at https://www.eltf.org.uk/funds/grants-for-individuals.