We are the only Scotland wide charity dedicated to promoting and championing the needs of all children and young people and their families at times of illness. We also supply information and resources, support and advice with the aim of helping families access the best possible healthcare.
Advice and Support
If you need information or advice on any aspect of caring for a sick child or young person, then please get in touch.
- Caring for a Child with Long Term Conditions
- Caring for a Child in Foster or Kinship Care
Our staff can offer help to families caring for a sick child.
- Provide support to liaise with healthcare providers or the hospital.
- Provide one-to-one support through our hospital play box.
- Signpost to other sources of help such as information on welfare rights and benefits, family support groups for specific conditions.
Information and Resources
We have a range of resources for families. Please see https://www.childrenshealthscotland.org/resources for our Publications and Resources.
- Parent and Carer Pack
- Children and Young People’s Healthcare Rights
Please see https://www.childrenshealthscotland.org/how-we-help/families for futher information on all of the above.