What do the Friends do?
The Friends of Corstorphine Hill are a group of people who have joined together to help look after the CorstorphineHill area, for the benefit of people, animals, plants and the landscape. We organise practical activities such as tidying up and planting, improving paths and signs, controlling invasive species; and we run guided walks and evening talks.
We need volunteers - if you can join in with any of our activities, such as:
- Committee work
- Giving a talk
- Leading a walk
- Newsletter delivery
- Newsletter production
- Organising talks
- Organising walks
- Taking a turn on the Tower rota
- Walled Garden maintenance
please let us know ... many hands make light work ... and you will be made most welcome.
What's in it for me?
- Knowing you are contributing to maintaining and improving a site of natural beauty and importance
- Be a valued member of the community
- Receive a regular Newsletter about the Friends
- Receive invitations to take part in projects, give advice, and attend walks and talks
What have we done?
- Increased use for leisure and recreation
- More frequent opening of the Tower
- Improved access, tidiness and safety
- Increased understanding of the Hill
- Started on walled garden and old nursery
- Campaigned against adverse developments
We also meet a few times a year to discuss ongoing issues and projects we are working on, usually with a guest speaker and refreshments.
How do I join Friends of Corstorphine Hill?
Membership fee is only £1 per person. Please see http://www.corstorphinehill.org.uk/getting-involved.html to download our membership form. Just send name, address and fee to one of the following below, or catch a committee member at one of the events.
- F. Davies, 5 Saughtonhall Place, Edinburgh EH12 5RH
- Gordon Swann, 1 Dovecot Road, Edinburgh EH12 7LF