This group is interesting in maintaining the flora and fauna of the park as well as making it attractive for other users.
What do we do?
The group volunteer their time and energy to get involved with a huge range of different projects including:
- Fundraising for improvements and events in the park
- Enhancing biodiversity (e.g. creation of wildflower meadows, installing bird and bat boxes)
- Practical tasks like clean-ups, tree planting and improving access
- Contributing to the planning and management of the park or cemetery
- Leading walks and talks
- Producing leaflets and other educational material
- Main entrance: landscaping, planting improvements and ongoing maintenance
- Football container: removal of graffiti
- Wildflower planting
- Insect habitat
- Clearing of scrub growth and brambles
- Marginal planting along banks of pond
- Owl boxes
- Tree planting
- Litter picking
- Himalayan balsam pulling
We also meet a few times a year to discuss ongoing issues and projects we are working on, usually with a guest speaker and refreshments.
For further information on how to get involved, please get in touch.