We continue to provide support to our families throughout this time. Our Family Outreach Workers are keeping in touch with people over the telephone, by text and e-mail and by the use of video calling. We have set up a closed Facebook page for families we support on which we are sharing useful information and suggestions. We hope to establish some 'live' sessions and possibly groups via Zoom. Our Family Outreach Worker (Young People) and Family Outreach Worker (Fathers) are also continuing to provide support.
New referrals are still being accepted into the service. Please call 0131 552 0305 or 07984 022908 - Julie King
to discuss further.
Normal service details...
We offer a range of services to meet the individual needs of families. We work alongside families to help them build upon existing strengths to make and sustain positive lifestyle choices.
Support for parents/carers...
- Recovery from substance use
- Improving family relationships and providing practical support, e.g. establishing boundaries and routines within your home
- Managing your children’s behaviour
- Accessing local services and activities for you and your children
- Improving nursery and school attendance and achievement for your children
- Addressing your own and your family’s health needs
- Attending meetings with other professionals
We will also provide support to other members of your family who are involved in the child’s life e.g. grandparents.
Support for children and young people...
We provide 1:1 therapeutic support for children and young people in schools or in the local community. Creative approaches are used to help children express their emotions, build their confidence and develop resilience to help them cope with any difficulties.
Contact: Julie King, Project Manager
Tel: 07984 022 908