Support for older people in Edinburgh
We deliver support to people in their own home, to help them live the life they want. Some of the older people we support experience dementia, mental health issues, learning disabilities and other support needs. The service is tailored support to meet these needs and is delivered in a person centred way.
At a glance
- 7am -11pm support for people living in their own homes
- Overnight on call assistance, if needed
- Experienced and dedicated team
- Longstanding and established role in the local community
- Extensive network of community partnerships and links
- Visiting service available to people under 55 who live in their own homes.
Our qualified and experienced support staff include a service manager, support workers and seniore support workers. The team is focussed on making sure every individual receives a service that's matched to what they need and want.
We support older people by helping them stay independent. We do this through group and 1-2-1 activities designed to promote social inclusion and maintain life skills. Activities include:
- Budgeting and shopping
- Keeping safe and well
- Building and keeping relationships
- Communicating with others
- Support with medication and treatment.
Everyone is in control of their support arrangements. We encourage everyone to participate and drive improvements through their influence and involvement.
We're registered with the independent regulator The Care Inspectorate who make regular inspections. We continuously monitor and evaluate our performance to ensure that our standards remain at the highest possible level. We're always learning and improving the way we deliver our services for the benefit of the people we support.