Since 1938 WRVS volunteers have been offering guidance and advice to the many people that they help on a daily basis.
Drawn from their knowledge and expertise in supporting older people throughout Great Britain, WRVS have produced a number of downloadable guides aimed at older people or their families and carers to help them get more out of life.
- Eating well when you’re over 70
- Feeling well and overcoming loneliness
- Get the flu jab, get flu safe
- Guide to Retirement
- Hospital stays
- Managing minor winter ailments
- Practical ways to support a person living with dementia
- Prepare for severe wintry conditions
- Preventing falls
- Stay safe during a heatwave
- Staying gas safe
- Tips for cooking and eating well
- Tips for dealing with bereavement
- Tips for entertaining children on a budget
- Tips for long-lasting relationships
- Tips for managing your money
- Your home; keeping it maintained and safe
Please see http://www.royalvoluntaryservice.org.uk/get-help/advice-and-support for the guides.