Do you ever feel like you would like a bit more support but aren't sure where to turn? Talking about what is going on can make a difference.
We have lots of ways that you can get in touch online and get support from youth workers. Wherever you are in Scotland, whatever your worry or concern, we are here to listen.
The LiveChat feature of our website is a easy way to chat with trained youth workers in real-time about what ever is on your mind. From questioning your sexual identity, coming out and relationship issues to bullying and sexual health – this is a private place designed for you to chat, confidentially, with a digital youth worker.
LiveChat sessions run every Mon, Wed and Thurs evening from 6:00pm - 8:00pm. Digital-meet ups run on a Tuesday evening 6:00pm - 8:00pm. If you would like to chat online but aren't free during the LiveChat times - let us know and we might be able to open it for you.
If LiveChat isn't open you can send us a message by emailing email@example.com or clicking "Send Message" in the bottom right corner - just make sure to type your email address in carefully or we'll not be able to get back to you.
You can also contact our digital team to chat by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Who am I chatting to?
You will be chatting to a Digital Youth Worker from LGBT Youth Scotland.
What is a Digital Youth Worker?
Our Digital Youth Workers are adult volunteers and staff who work solely on our LiveChat and to respond to e-mails (sent to email@example.com) and texts (sent to 07786 202 370). All chat sessions are overseen by a paid staff member, the Digital Youth Work Officer, Craig.
Is everything confidential?
Yes! Confidentiality at LGBT Youth Scotland means not telling anyone else what you have said unless it is necessary to share information for your protection or the protection of another young person.
Do you keep records of our conversation?
Each time we have a chat with someone we keep a note of the conversation which is kept in a secure location. This is for a few reasons, the main one being that if you let us know that you have spoken to us on LiveChat before we can read through the last conversation so we don't have to start from the beginning again each time we chat.
How do I log in to the LiveChat?
- Our chat runs four times per week at specific times. The times are advertised on our website.
- When LiveChat sessions are running, the pop-up box in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen will say Chat now.
- To begin a conversation with us click Chat Now and then enter your first message - you can start the conversation with a question, a topic or just say "Hi". We are here to chat about whatever is on your mind.
- A box will then pop up asking for you to type your name. If you would rather not use your real name, that’s okay but it would be helpful to use the same name if you log on again.
- When the chat service is closed the pop-up in the bottom corner will say "send a message" you can send us a message instead and we will get back to you as soon as we can (usually within 3 days of you messaging us). Make sure you enter your email address correctly or we won't be able to respond!