Covid-19 Service UPDATE...
PLEASE NOTE - ALL TRAINING IS NOW VIRTUAL DUE TO COVID-19
- Friday 11th September, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Thursday 1st October, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Tuesday 27th October, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Tuesday 17th November, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Thursday 10th December, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Book a place...
Please see https://www.eatwellagewell.org.uk/raising-the-issue
Normal service details...
Our Raising the Issue of Malnutrition training aims to increase practitioners' knowledge and confidence around identifying and supporting older people at home in the community who are at risk or are suffering from malnutrition.
This training incorporates information on:
- Common signs and symptoms of malnutrition.
- Guidance around supporting individuals using Food First advice.
- Utilising simple tools such as armbands and the Patient Association Nutrition Checklist to - identify at risk individuals.
- Gaining awareness of promoting good nutrition and hydration in older adults.
This training is open to Small Ideas, Big Impact grant holders and applicants, NHS, Local Authority, Community Carers, Volunteers, Voluntary Sector staff and other interested individuals who work to support older people living in their own homes in the community.
View our Training Brief in full at https://www.eatwellagewell.org.uk/raising-the-issue.
Order our 'Raising the Issue of Malnutrition Toolkit' at https://www.eatwellagewell.org.uk/raising-the-issue.
*This training has been adapted from Age UK Salford, Nutrition and Hydration programme.
For Edinburgh dates and how to book, please see https://www.eatwellagewell.org.uk/raising-the-issue.