RNIB Scotland Transcription Centre can provide information in the accessible formats including audio - cassette, CD, DAISY, braille, Moon, large print and tactile diagrams.
Whether it’s the magical place your favourite book used to take you, or special memories locked in letters and journals that you can no longer read, we understand the importance and power of the written word and how difficult it can be for you to read what you want, when you want.
Everyday life is full of print and the inability to read this can present significant barriers to leading an independent life. Our team at RNIB’s Personal Transcription Centre can help with removing these barriers. They can help you to stay in touch with your local community, continue to attend social groups and activities, enjoy your favourite hobby, or widen your horizons through education and travel, by simply taking your print and converting it into a format you can read yourself.
What formats do we offer?
- Audio in human voice or digitally generated synthetic speech, on CD, Daisy CD, or as an mp3 file
- Large and giant print
- Electronic text
- Tactile diagrams and images
- Accessible sheet music and musical scores - Modified Stave notation
What does it cost?
- RNIB Members can request free transcription of up to 300 print pages every year. Find out more about RNIB Membership.
- If you’re not a member, have used up your free allocation, or you are looking to purchase a gift for a friend or family member, you can still use the service for a significantly subsidised price.
- Prices start from just 4p a page, depending on the complexity and format of the original information and the type of transcription required.
Download our price list:
Full menu of transcription service prices (Word, 26KB) http://www.rnib.org.uk/services-we-offer-reading-services/transcription-services.
Find out more
The Personal Transcription team at Ivybridge offer advice and guidance on the best way of providing you with the accessible versions you need.
Give them a call on 01752 690092 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will help you through the whole process.
Are you a business looking for transcription?
If you're a business or commercial organisation that needs transcription services please contact our business services team on Tel: 01733 375 370 or email: email@example.com.