Covid-19 Service UPDATE...
We have continued to operate during lockdown, with safety measures in place.
Could you cook one extra portion of dinner for an older neighbour in Edinburgh?
Volunteering for Meal Makers couldn’t be easier. We’ve specifically designed it this way so you can simply volunteer and start sharing meals with someone in your local community.
Meal Makers offers you a unique opportunity to make a real difference in someone’s life. Here are just some of the reasons to volunteer:
- It’s convenient. We’ll try our best to pair you with someone in your community so you won’t have to go far. We’ll also pair you with someone who has similar dietary interests so you’re not having to create meals you wouldn’t normally make.
- It’s flexible. We work round your availability and schedule as best we can.
- It’s a great way to help someone. Giving just one hour a week to an older person can make a world of difference.
- It combines your love of cooking with helping another person. Just plate up an extra portion of what you’re cooking that day anyway and take it over to your Diner.
- You’ll get a lot out of it. Our Cooks are constantly saying how much enjoyment they get from the older people we pair them with.
- Signing up takes 5 minutes. Just complete the short profile at https://www.mealmakers.org.uk/Account/Register.