We will continue providing support and advice to clients, including adult support and protection issues.
Social work contact methods:
Phone: 0131 556 3128
SMS/WhatsApp: 07775 620 757
To receive direct support from social work team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For those who want to receive support from social work duty service, please contact our reception on 07775 620757 and they will pass on your number to the staff to contact you directly via an appropriate method of your preference during duty times.
We will stop face to face duty sessions after Thursday 26 March and are contactable by FaceTime/What’s App.
Normal service details...
Our specialist social work team has knowledge, skills and experience to work effectively with deaf people, whatever your communication preferences.
Our aim is to assist, where appropriate, people affected by deafness. We endeavour to empower people to lead as full and independent a life as possible, breaking through barriers and accessing opportunities.
What do our social workers do?
- Assess your and your carer’s needs
- Develop and review care plans
- Provide advice and help with welfare, benefits, housing, health care, education etc
- Refer you to other services such as home care, housing support, employment agencies etc
- Work with schools, to encourage deaf awareness and enable pupils and students to plan for their future
- Work with people between education and work
- We work with people of all age groups as well as with children and families.
We liaise with other agencies; provide advice to, and work alongside, other professionals. This may involve statutory work.
Call in to see one of our social workers on Thursdays, 10:00am - 12:00pm without an appointment.
These drop in sessions provide social work support free of charge and are useful for:
- Discussing a problem
- Explaining something you don’t understand
- Concessionary travel passes
- Filling in forms
- Benefits and money
Contact us to make an appointment or call in to one of our Edinburgh office at the arranged times. You do not need to book an appointment but appointment slots are available. Please note that appointments must be made by SMS, email, textphone or phonecall. No appointments will be given through Facebook messages.