Although our office is closed, OPFS is still working to support single parents across the city. We know that coping with the current crisis is having an impact on families, but we are here to provide support and a listening ear.
Our staff team have been working hard to ensure we can continue to support families with the services that they need during the Coronavirus outbreak, both in terms of practical services and being able to access those services.
- One-to-one support to parents by telephone, text, email, Facebook, Facetime and WhatsApp
- Advice on Universal Credit claims, Benefit Applications, Money Advice and Housing
- Information and advice on money, food, medication, heating and lighting
- Help with crisis applications for fuel, food and essential item items
- Hints and tips on managing your worries
- Ideas for activities you can do at home to keep you and your family occupied
- Up-to-date advice and referrals for access to local services & resources
- Gifting laptops and connectivity to single parent families who are isolated
- We offer webinars and ongoing help to boost digital confidence beyond basic computer use in areas such as employability, specific applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel), Interviewing, Home Schooling etc.
Facebook page is updated regularly with local and national information, please see https://www.facebook.com/opfsedinburgh.
You can reach us by calling 0131 556 3899 and leaving a message which will still reach us. You can send a message via Facebook or email us.
WHEN: Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
TELEPHONE: 0131 556 3899
AREA(S) COVERED: City Wide
INTENDED SERVICE USERS: Families
TYPE(S) OF SUPPORT Phoneline, Financial Assistance, Benefits Advice
Normal service details...
How can we help you and your family?
Our single parent tailored topics and search option offers a wealth of advice and information on various topics for lone parent families, please see https://opfs.org.uk/support-and-advice.
We also have a new good health and wellbeing service.
One Parent Families Scotland local service hubs offer support through a family support model. Our services include one-to-one, parent group support, financial and employability support, and more.
- Help to work or study
- Parenting and family support
- Health and wellbeing
- Crisis support