Families Outside is a national organisation for families and friends with someone in prison. The phoneline service is currently provided over the phone, via the Support and Information Line and Regional Family Support Coordinators.
- Emotional support
- Addressing practical impact of imprisonment, linking in with other key services
- Support around current concerns about the impact of Covid 19
- Face to face support will resume when restrictions are lifted.
WHEN: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm. (Weekday evenings by appointment)
TELEPHONE: 0800 254 0088
TYPE(S) OF SUPPORT:
- Phoneline Reducing Social Isolation
- Additional Social Care Support
Normal service details...
Families Outside Support & Information Helpline
The Support & Information Helpline is an independent support service for families and friends affected by imprisonment. We can help and support you with any questions or concerns you may have, including:
- If you are worried about how you are coping
- What you need to know about visiting the prison
- Who to talk to at prison
- Advice on claiming travel expenses
- Any queries about home leave or your relative’s release
- If you are concerned about how your relative is coping
- Any worries about the children
- Putting you in touch with your local services
… or do you just need someone to talk to?
Freephone 0500 83 93 83
- Lines are open Monday to Friday (answerphone if not available).
- If we are unable to answer your call, then please leave a message. We will return your call as soon as possible and will only say who we are if you are the one who answers the telephone. We will not leave a message with another person.
- If you prefer, you can e-mail us at email@example.com
- We are also able to send you written information on a range of issues.
PLEASE BE AWARE: Calls from mobile phones usually cost. This will depend on the agreement you have with your contract provider or if you are using a pay-as-you-go service. We can call you back if you don’t want to use up your credit.
Texting Service 60777
To use this service text the word FAMOUT followed by your query or concern to 60777 and we will either respond by text or we can call you back.
Please note standard network rates apply. This is usually between 8-12p per text, but may vary between mobile service providers.