St Ninian’s has always had a garden and it was originally somewhat larger than it is now. Originally there was just the church and a wooden structure which was the priest’s living accommodation. In those days there was space for a grass tennis court and ample space for a Garden Party. When the new church was built in 1952 this reduced the size of the garden and this was further reduced in 2000 when the site of the old church was sold to a developer for the construction of flats and our new hall was also built as part of the arrangement. We have always been fortunate to have members of the congregation who have tended the garden and their efforts are much appreciated by the local community who make use of the garden - mainly in the summer months!
St. Ninian's Church has a garden that extends to one side, also back and front of the building. The land to the boundary with the Royal Mail rises in height to the rear, and is planted with trees and shrubs. The back garden comprises of two lawns, a larger one surrounded by a planted border and a smaller one part of a Memorial Garden. The front garden comprises of two lawns with a Peace Garden on the lower level. It is this area which is used by the local community.
Currently the garden team is under the leadership of Maggie Moore.
- Weekly on Wednesday afternoons from 2 to 4pm
- Monthly on Saturday mornings from 10am to 12noon on the first Saturday of the month.