Tumble Tots - Edinburgh
UK leading physical play programme for children has been the springboard to developing children skills for life since 1979. Designed to develop children's physical skills of agility, balance, co-ordination and climbing, through the use of brightly coloured Tumble Tots equipment. The programme is structured to develop children's positive personality traits including confidence and self-esteem.
Each weekly session combines fun, excitement and challenge in a safe and caring environment. All sessions use unique equipment and are run by staff specially trained to get the best out of your child. It is structured according to the different ages and stages of a child's development.
Age: Walking to two years old
- Designed to develop motor skills in areas of agility, balance, climbing and coordination
- Confident walker encouraged to climb, jump, and roll while learning how to control movements more precisely
- Encourages more independence by teaching/aiding children to climb safely.
- Child explores freely and continues to reinforce parent and child bonding.
- Songs are chosen specifically to encourage participation and build interest in words
- Simple instructions are used and learnt
- Sharing and taking turns
- Developing social relationship and social skills
- New challenges to keep child self-motivated and constantly gaining confidence
Age: Two to Three years
Sessions are now based around 'activity stations' which form the basis for various task sequences. These are designed to enable children to develop their sense of balance, co-ordination and agility. Still with parent participation, children in this age group now start learning to listen to instructions.
- Learnt basis of all movement skills and have rapidly developed physical, social and language skills.
- Encouraged to watch and listen carefully so he can copy and revise as activity stations are introduced
- Stations are designed to improve coordination of hand-eye-foot control, balance, climbing and all round agility.
- Higher and more complex equipment together with more demanding physical tasks to increase confidence and self-esteem.
- Increases concentration span
- Teaches to take risks but to do so safely.
- Language development plays more significance as children are encouraged to participate
Age: Three years to school age
Sessions now focus on even more challenging task sequences with the use of higher pieces of equipment. As the more confident child now participates on his/her own, tasks are designed to further develop a child's co-ordination, ball skills, body awareness and control.
- Children are able to learn from past experiences
- Enjoy companionship of other children and play cooperatively
- Take on more responsibilities and may appear more confident and self-assured
- Continue to develop child’s motor skills and confidence without parental support
- Taught how to remember sequences of activities and break new challenges down into manageable tasks
- Importance is placed on co-operation as child is taught how to respect others and be supportive when others need help
- Creativity is stimulated as he recalls and joins in with action songs
Tumble Tots (walking to 2 years)
Time: 9.35am - 10:20am
Tumble Tots (3 years to school age)
10.30am - 11:15
Tumble Tots (2 to 3 years)
11.30am - 12:15pm
HOW MUCH DO TUMBLE TOT CLASSES COST?
- Trial classes available: we recommend you come and meet us and have a trial class first (at a cost of £6.25)
- Class fees vary slightly throughout the U.K, our classes start at £6 per week and are usually paid termly in advance.
- To book a trial session or a class, please see http://www.tumbletots.com/Edinburgh