Due to COVID-19, The Mental Health Information Station has become a telephone advice service offering general mental health advice and information.
You can speak with an NHS Mental Health trained member of staff by phone on a Thursday between 9:30am and 4:30pm.
Please call on 0131 537 8688 and ask for the MHIS.
Alternatively you can email MentalHealthInformation@nhslothian.scot.nhs.uk at any time with specific queries and/or a request for a call back. The mailbox is looked at Monday to Friday during working hours and will be responded to within 2 working days.
WHEN: Thursdays 9:30am to 4:30pm
TELEPHONE: 0131 537 8688
TYPE(S) OF SUPPORT: Phoneline
Normal service details...
We are a one stop shop providing support, information and sign posting for anyone affected by mental health and wellbeing issues. The service is led by Occupational Therapists from NHS Lothian in partnership with Health in Mind, Volunteer Edinburgh and Outlook adult education project.
The Information Station offers:
- Faster self-service access to individuals
- Psychological self-help guides and resources
- Support groups sign posting
- Provide standardised information on conditions and medication
- Support for Carers
- Link with community resources through experts that are very aware of what is out there in different localities or city wide projects
It’s is an opportunity to speak to a variety of professionals informally over a cup of coffee or tea and get mental health information that will make a positive difference to your life.
- Allow visitors to browse information on display or speak directly to advisers on hand, no appointment required;
- Gives assistance to people on how to connect with others and enjoy social opportunities and meet ups, and
Benefits advice and housing guidance.
The Mental Health Information Station is free and available every Thursday at the Walpole Hall which is next to St Mary’s Cathedral in Palmerston Place, Edinburgh.
NO appointment required
The service aims to ensure that people have access to the right support as early as possible.