Dunedin Canmore Youth Projects is a joint initiative between Dunedin Canmore Housing and City of Edinburgh’s Community Learning & Development service. It was developed in conjunction with local partners in the Gorgie, Dalry, Oxgangs, Moredun, Hyvots and Gracemount areas of Edinburgh.
- Street work
- Youth café/drop-ins
- Employability services
- Environmental projects
What is an activity agreement?
An activity agreement is a contract made between a young person and an activity agreement coach to undertake a programme of learning/development that helps them improve their skills and prepare for entry to employment, training, education and/or volunteering.
Activity agreements are available to young people aged 16 - 19 years old living in Edinburgh who are currently unemployed and face barriers to accessing positive destinations. Coaches will do an assessment with the young person to ensure that they meet the relevant criteria. Generally a young person is deemed suitable if they:
- Are aged 16 - 19 years
- Have left school and are currently not in employment, education or training
- Are stage 1 of the strategic skills pipeline and/or
- Face barriers to entering a positive destination
If you are working with a young person who lives outside of Edinburgh please contact the appropriate local authority for information on activity agreements in that area.
What is on offer?
- Young person is assigned to a coach that can help them create a customised programme of activities and training geared towards helping reduce their barriers to employment
- Access to training that will help develop transferable skills and experience
- Continued support throughout the duration of an activity agreement until a positive destination is achieved
- Young people can access activity agreement hubs for support and information
- Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) of £30 per week is available to those meeting the agreed requirements of their agreement*
CV skills, support to fill in application forms, literacy support, interview preparation, visits from external agencies, SDS worker.
*Subject to meeting the eligibility criteria specified - for further information please refer to: http://www.emascotland.com/emasandme.cfm
There are currently 8 activity agreement hubs across the city that are accessible to young people.