Down’s Syndrome Scotland (DSS) is a parent-led charity which was established in 1982. We are the only charity in Scotland dedicated solely to supporting people with Down’s Syndrome (DS) and their carers.
Down’s Syndrome Scotland provides “all through life” support nationally across Scotland.
We know that every person with Down’s Syndrome is a unique individual, full of potential.
We support people with Down’s syndrome to reach their fullest potential by providing a range of services, influencing public policy and by changing attitudes.
Down's Syndrome Scotland aims to help people with Down's Syndrome to reach their full potential and to raise public awareness about Down's Syndrome by:
- Providing advice, support and information to people with Down's Syndrome and their families, carers, professionals and students.
- Providing a telephone and email advice service.
- Offering support from local branches across Scotland and the national office in Edinburgh.
- Producing a range of resources and publications including a quarterly newsletter and annual report.
- Having specialist staff who can provide information, training sessions and workshops.
Advice/InformationCarersChildren ServicesCommunity CouncilEducation/Learning/TrainingFamily SupportHealthLearning DisabilitySelf Help/SupportYoung People