The Eric Liddell Centre is a registered care charity and Edinburgh community hub, providing a wide range of services dedicated to inspiring, empowering and supporting people of all ages.
We specialise in care for the elderly and dementia services with the aim of supporting people remain in their own homes for as long as possible. This is delivered through several programmes:
• Dementia Day Care: a person-centred day care service to 70 clients per week who have a diagnosis of dementia with the aim to reduce social isolation and promote independence.
• Befriending: matches carer to trained volunteers with the aim to help rebuild a carer’s sense of confidence, inclusion and self-esteem, which in turn promotes increased well-being.
• Carer Programme: free wellness classes for unpaid carers to reduce stress and provide a break.
• Lunch Breaks: weekly meetings of cared for and carers to share lunch and enrichment activities.
• Befriending for people living with Dementia & Dementia friendly Saturday morning drop-in coffee sessions.
• Caring Soles: a footcare service promoting health and wellbeing and helping reduce social isolation.
The Centre also provides:
• A community café run by volunteers
• Low cost office space for small charities
• Rooms for over 180 other groups a year providing activities for the community.