Friends of Pilrig Park is a community group made up of volunteers dedicated improving and maintaining Pilrig Park and ensuring it is a great space for everyone to enjoy.
The Friends of Pilrig Park was formed in early 2013 and aims to promote and improve Pilrig Park by working with the local community, local businesses, City of Edinburgh Council and other partners to make positive changes that benefit the park, the local environment and local communities. In short we want to make Pilrig Park is a great green space in the city for all to enjoy!
About the Pilrig Park
The park provides an attractive space for locals to walk, play and exercise their dogs. There are many mature trees, two safe play areas, two football pitchs, and a wild flower garden.
The park was once part of the grounds of Pilrig House, which was built in 1638. It came into city ownership in 1920.
Pilrig Park lies off Pilrig Street, between Leith Walk and Bonnington Road.
Committee and how it works...
Currently nine committee members, which include chair, vice-chair, secretary and treasurer posts. The Committee meets quarterly and at least four committee members must be present for the meeting to be quorum. Friends of Pilrig Park hold at least two general public meetings a year, one being the AGM. A new Management Committee can be elected at the AGM.
- We are looking to improve the planting and biodiversity in the park and have had advice from a local Botanist as part of the Grown Wild project.
- We want to work with CEC to improve the paths and entrances into the park.
- We will consult with local residents - emails, public meeting and stall at Leith Gala day - as to the priorities to address next - we have some money inherited from a former residents association to spend on capital investment.