Juniper Green Village Hall is a community centre owned by the City of Edinburgh Council. It is located on Juniper Park Road, Edinburgh, and includes an outdoor grassed area on the West side of the building with a sandpit and child’s swing, and a separate, secure rifle range. The former janitor’s house to the East of the hall was recently demolished and replaced with a community garden.
The building has been at the heart of village life for over one hundred years. Built by the War Department as a Drill Hall (originally known as the Volunteers’ Hall - the equivalent of today’s Territorial Army), it was acquired as the Village Hall in 1910, providing a base for recreational activities involving groups of all ages, from pre-school to senior citizens ever since. Over the years this has included a wide, and sometimes changing, range of interests, with the hall being well used every day during the week. Bookings for new activities to fill any vacant slots are always welcomed. Bookings are not limited to week days nor to regular activities. The hall may also be booked at the weekend for private parties and functions, such as birthday parties, concerts, ceilidhs, Burns Suppers, fund-raising events, exhibitions and public meetings.
The centre is run by a voluntary management committee from Juniper Green Village Hall Organisation, made up of local people and representatives from user groups. The management committee is responsible for the financial administration of the centre, including setting rental rates and processing applications for the use of the premises.
Please note that the office is manned Mon-Fri only, at variable hours in the afternoon and evening (not mornings). If you leave a message on our answering machine, it will be dealt with at the earliest opportunity.