||Maritime House, 8 The Shore, Leith
||0131 467 2994
- Community Development
- Family Support
- Older People
- Self Help/Support
- Social Care
MECOPP provides support and information to black and minority ethnic carers and communities.
MECOPP works specifically to:
- Support black and minority ethnic carers to access support and services appropriate to their caring situation.
- Develop a strategic response to identified gaps in service provision.
- Assist service providers, both statutory and voluntary, in the development of culturally competent services.
- Develop opportunities for the active involvement of black and minority ethnic carers in consultation planning.
- Raise the profile of black and minority ethnic carers and their needs at a national level.
- Work specifically with traveller communities in rural and urban areas of Scotland.