At a Soul Food meal we hope to offer some respite and support to anyone dealing with the challenges of homelessness, poverty or loneliness.
We set up a table, cook a meal and go out into the streets of our city and invite our neighbours to dinner.
We offer a meal to homeless and marginalised people each week.
With the distinct value that Soul Food is always more than a meal, our vision is centred around the power of a table. Holding to the fact that hospitality is something which is core to the very heart of Christianity, we hope that the ordinary setting of a dinner place becomes a space of life-changing relationship and community.
By setting a table and sharing a meal, Soul Food hopes to provide a context that offers a place of safety and security where people feel accepted, respected, valued, loved and heard.
Soul Food values:
- Generous meals of high quality food
- A safe space (no alcohol or drugs, no rude or threatening behaviour)
- Everyone - volunteer or guest - treated as equals, with kindness and respect
- A commitment to walk alongside anyone in need of support
- Collaboration with other agencies and organisations engaging in homelessness and poverty
AddictionsDrug/Alcohol IssuesPovertySelf Help/SupportSocial Care