The Action Group's Advice Service provides information, advice and practical assistance to people with learning disabilities or other support needs and their carers. We can work across Edinburgh, Falkirk and the Lothians providing advice on benefits and money matters.
We know that these groups can face additional barriers to accessing advice so we deliver a service which is designed around the needs of the people we support. For example we:
- Routinely visit people in their homes if this suits them best;
- Give practical assistance such as filling out forms, and making phone calls;
- Offer pro-active help, for example: contacting people when we expect them to have heard back from a benefit agency or professional and following it up on their behalf if they haven't;
- Are well networked with other professionals and agencies so can refer people on for additional services such as support at home, charitable funds and play-schemes.
All of our services are free, independent and confidential.
Please see http://www.actiongroup.org.uk/services/advice-services.html to view a copy of our leaflet.
Please see http://www.actiongroup.org.uk/services/advice-services.html for the following links which allow you to download various factsheets about benefits and welfare reform. We hope that you will find these useful:
- 'Getting Ready for Welfare Reform' Leaflet
- ESA 'Golden Rules'
- New ESA Claims - Steps to Process
- Incapacity Reassessment - Steps to Process
- ESA Review - Steps to Process
- How to Get to Your PIP Assessment - The Gyle
Get In Touch...
If you would like to find out more about the Advice Service please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. (Ask to speak to a member of the Advice Service)