The EVOC Red Book

The online directory to find third sector Organisations, and their services across Edinburgh


Directory of local groups/projects who are offering specific support during the current COVID-19 pandemic »

In line with Government advice, most groups and organisations in the city have had to take the unfortunate decision to suspend face to face and group work activities. Please telephone or email the contacts listed for the group or organisation if you are interested in their work to check what alternative arrangements might be available or to find out about alternative groups or services in your area.

Manor Estates Housing Association participates in EdIndex, Edinburgh’s common housing register.

Through our subsidiary, Manor Estates Associates Limited (MEAL), we also offer a number of flats for mid-market rent – designed to assist those households who are unlikely to have sufficient priority to enable them to access social rented housing, but whose income is at a level that means they cannot afford to access private rented accommodation at full market level or buy property. Full details of our mid-market rent housing and how to apply are available. Please click here.

How Do I Apply?

The first thing you need to do is complete an EdIndex application form. Application forms are available from our office, any City of Edinburgh Council office or from any other housing association office.

Completed forms can also be returned to any of these offices.

You must be registered with EdIndex to be able to be considered for vacancies.

Your application will be categorised as a ‘Starter’ if you are:

- Homeless;
- Staying with a friend or relative
- Staying in a hostel
- Staying in supported accommodation
- Having a relationship breakdown
- Renting a house or flat from a private landlord

Your application will be categorised as a ‘Mover’ if you are:

- A Council tenant
- A tenant of a housing association or housing co-operative
- Part of a joint tenancy with the Council or a housing association
- A tenant of tied accommodation that is provided by your employer
- An owner-occupier

What do I Do Next?

Empty properties are advertised:

- In the Monday edition of Edinburgh Evening News
- In a free publication available from our office
- On the Key to Choice website

Adverts give full details of the property, including the number of rooms, where it is, the amount of rent and if there are any particular restrictions about who can apply.

You can submit bids for up to 3 advertised vacancies each week.

How Do I Submit a Bid?

Once you have seen a property you are interested in, there are a number of ways you can submit a bid:

- Online via the Key to Choice website
- Telephone the Council on 0131 529 5080
- Complete the form in the free publication and post it to the Council

If you are not sure how to bid, you can contact our office for assistance – however we cannot accept paper bids on your behalf.

What Happens Next?

We will run a shortlist of applicants after the closing date – and will contact you if you have been successful. If the property is allocated to someone else, we will not contact you directly.

Advice and Assistance

If you require any additional advice or assistance about how to apply for housing, please contact the office.
65+, 26 - 29, 30 - 34, 35 - 39, 40 - 44, 45 - 49, 50 - 54, 55 - 59, 60 - 64, 17 - 25
Days and Times
11 Washington Lane
EH11 2HA

South West 
Contact Details
Contact Telephone: 0800 093 8823 (Freephone) / 0131 337 3222
Contact Email:
Categories of Services

This record was last modified on: 27 July 2019