Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Tuesdays and Fridays: 10:00am - 12:00pm
If you call outside of these hours please leave a voicemail and we’ll get back to you when the helpline opens again.
The service is open to disabled people who live in Scotland, their friends and family, and to people who care for, work with or support disabled people who live in Scotland.
BSL users can get in touch with us by using Scotland’s British Sign Language Interpreting Video Relay Service (VRS), Contact Scotland (https://contactscotland-bsl.org). Available to any BSL user with a smartphone or desktop PC, with a webcam, and the Contact Scotland app.
You can also send us an email with your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Scotland’s Helpline and Information Service provides information and advice on a range of issues, including:
- Applying for educational courses and training programmes
- Information on community learning opportunities
- Sources of funding for disabled learners
- Support for disabled learners in a range of learning environments
- Support and funding for carers
- Information regarding disabled people’s rights in post-school learning under the Equality Act
- Signposting to specialist sources of support
and much more…