The Care and Repair Edinburgh Handyperson Service is free and is carried out by a team of experienced volunteers.
The volunteers can carry out a range of DIY and Technical jobs in clients' homes. The Handyperson volunteers are from a variety of backgrounds: some are working, others are retired, but all wish to help our clients.
The volunteers have a wide range of skills and we have both male and female team members.
Our team of volunteers will carry out the following types of jobs:
- Changing lightbulbs
- Fitting carbon monoxide detectors and batteries
- Fitting plugs and changing fuses
- Hanging pictures and photographs
- Fitting curtain rails and hanging/changing curtains
- Fitting door chains, viewers, doorbells etc
- Set up of TV/DVD/Freeview/Digital Box
- Setting up printers
- Downloading Skype
- First Line PC fixes
- Uploading Photos from a camera
- Setting up telephones/voicemails
The Handyperson service is FREE – you will only be charged for the materials used by the volunteer to undertake the job.