At the REH Artlink have always supported the involvement of patients within creative and horticultural activity. The last couple of years we have been focused on the idea of ‘Grounds for Change’ which aims to not only provide valuable activity for the patients, but also to effect some form of physical change to their environment.
The programme responds to:
- The need for activity that patients can undertake. Through a variety of workshop programmes we provide much needed activity around the hospital.
- The need for patients to have non-clinical spaces within the hospital grounds. Our aim is to transform some spaces into spaces that feel much more like a home environment than a hospital environment.
- Patients choices are often drastically reduced when they are in hospital, we also aim, where feasible, to increase the level of choice presented to the patient.
- The need for patients peer to peer support within the hospital.
- The need for some form of normalised social environment.
- The need for relatives to have non clinical spaces in which to visit their loved ones.
- The Green Space and Art Space PSP programme
Art Group with Anne Elliot Wednesday 1:00pm - 3:00pm.
Materials provided. Refreshments included.
All patients welcome.
Singin' and Reminiscin' with Miss Annabel Sings...
Edinburgh’s premier Cabaret singer and host will be celebrating songs that make us feel good and the memories that go with them.
Please see https://artlinkgroundsforchange.com/category/royal-edinburgh-hospital for date and times.
Other art activities...
Please see https://artlinkgroundsforchange.com/category/royal-edinburgh-hospital to view the Hospital Activities Programme.