A joint community initiative between the Carer Project & The Edinburgh Laughter Club (Laughter For Health) and all profits go to them. So come and have a giggle! Give your health a boost and support an amazing cause! You’ll leave feeling younger, healthier and happier!
Regular laughter can have a huge effect in improving your health and well-being. Laughter makes us feel happier, healthier and more alive.
Laughter produces the following physiological benefits
- Laughter releases endorphins – the body’s ‘feel good’ chemicals
- Acts as an aerobic exercise - a bit like internal jogging!
- Unleashes inhibitions and breaks down barriers
- Generates better communication and team building
- Helps boost our immune system, helping to resist disease and manage stress
- Tones muscles, improves respiration and circulation, boosting oxygen supply
- Encourages positive thinking and creativity
- Relaxes the whole body and so reduces stress and tension
The club meet on Thursday mornings.
Suggested donation £5 (£4 conc) - FREE to unpaid carers.