The Court Coordinator
Is on hand for any tenancy needs and building maintenance. Any support needs are covered by a 24 hour
emergency alarm call system operated by City of Edinburgh Council.
There are washing machines and tumble driers provided in the Laundry for resident’s use. The cost of this facility is covered by the service charge.
There is one guest bedroom. Priority will be given to relatives required to stay in the case of illness and bereavement.
Rent and Service Charges
Please note that Cairn Housing Association only charges for rent and landlord services. All heating and hot water bills are charged individually by the
tenants chosen supplier. Heating and lighting of communal areas are charged via the service charge. Rent and Service charges are reviewed annually from April 1st each year.
From 1 April each year City of Edinburgh Council is responsible for raising and collecting any housing support charges residents may be due to pay for the housing support services. The City of Edinburgh Council will assess whether or not you may be entitled to help with the cost of housing support.
If City of Edinburgh Council assesses you as having to contribute towards the cost of your housing support service then you will receive a bill directly from the Council. The current Housing Support charges are available from City of Edinburgh Council, contact the local council office.
Residents are responsible for making their own payments in respect of Council Tax. Details of the current rates can be obtained from City of Edinburgh Council.
There is a good bus and train service.
Edinburgh Castle. Edinburgh Zoo. Royal Mile. Golf Courses. Leisure Centres. Museums. Art Galleries. Scots Monument.
Social Activities at the Court:
- Carpet Bowls
- Gentle Exercise Groups
- Film Nights
- Christmas Dinner
- Burns Supper
- Coach Trips
- Quiz nights
- Retirement/sheltered housing.
- Built in 1978.
- 62 flats.
- Sizes studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom.
- Includes mobility and wheelchair standard properties.
- Visiting management staff (The Court Co-Ordinator provides a Housing Management service paid for through a service charge (HB eligible)), non-resident management staff (part time) and community alarm service.
- Lounge, laundry, guest facilities, garden.
- Access to site easy, but less so for less mobile people. Distances: bus stop 150 yards; shop 1 mile(s); post office 1 mile(s); town centre 1 mile(s); GP 100 yards; social centre 2 mile(s).
- Regular social activities include indoor bowls, bingo, film nights, exercise, outings, quiz nights, organised by tenants.
- New residents accepted from 50 years of age.
- Rent (social landlord)
We are very happy to arrange visits for prospective residents and their families. To visit the sheltered housing complex or to make an appointment for an assessment of a prospective resident’s care needs, please contact our office on Tel: 0131 556 4415.