This service is only available to Viewpoint Housing Association's clients.
Many older people are managing on inadequate incomes, not claiming all welfare and benefits to which they are entitled to. Millions go unclaimed simply because people do not know what or how much is available or how to make a claim. Our Welfare Benefits Service helps tenants maximise their benefit income by claiming all the benefits to which they are entitled.
Our service aims to take the stress out of claiming benefits.
Elaine Rosie is our Welfare Benefits Officer. Elaine provides friendly, down-to earth information, advice and support to our customers to see if they are entitled to claim any benefit and to help them through the process.
There are many ways in which Elaine can help you:
• Doing benefit checks and giving benefit advice
• Completing & issuing claim forms
• Carrying out any follow up action necessary
• Trying to simplify the process
• Where a benefit is not awarded, assisting with the appeal procedure
This service is provided free of charge. Elaine works all day Tuesday and Wednesday, and on a Thursday morning.