Every day our trained volunteers and project staff provide free, confidential, independent and impartial advice on a huge range of issues.
These include (but are not limited to)
- Money advice
- Consumer issues
- Family problems
- Health services
- Legal rights and responsibilities
How we do it...
We run 5 bureaux across Edinburgh.
These are open to all and are located at:
- CAB Leith (23 Dalmeny Street, Leith, EH6 8PG)
- CAB Dundas Street (58 Dundas Street, City Centre, EDINBURGH, EH3 6QZ)
- CAB Gorgie/Dalry (Fountainbridge Library, 137 Dundee Street, Fountainbridge, EH11 1BG)
- CAB Muirhouse (North Edinburgh Community Resource Centre, 31-33 Pennywell Road, Muihouse, EH4 4PJ
- CAB Portobello (8A - 8B Bath Street, Portobello, EH15 1EY
Call 0131 510 5510 to make an appointment at one our 5 bureaux.
We provide general advice on any issue brought to us. We also have specialist advisers in each bureau who provide advice and representation on more complex issues.
In addition to delivering advice services at our five bureaux, we run outreach projects with a range of partners and funders, such as NHS Lothian and the Scottish Legal Aid Board.
Through these projects we provide advice at a further 13 outreach locations across the capital, in places such as doctors’ surgeries, housing associations, hospitals and the Sheriff Court.
We also offer a home visits service for people unable to visit a bureau due to ill health or caring responsibilities.
Free legal opinion is also available via our evening pro-bono legal clinics. These are led by volunteer solicitors at four of our bureaux.