Moved to an online platform.
Thursdays, 2:00pm via Zoom.
You’ll need to download Zoom, either on a laptop or phone, to take part in some of our groups.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you are struggling with all this tech!
Please see https://www.facebook.com/drbellsfamily for details.
Normal service details...
What is Infant Massage?
The International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM) describe Infant Massage as a combination of strokes derived from Indian Massage, Swedish Massage, Reflexology and Yoga. We aim to educate parents on nurturing touch through practical classes as well as discussion and education of research being done in this area.
What are the benefits of Infant Massage?
Baby Massage Classes can help with many issues that may affect both baby and caregiver.
The list below identifies some of the many benefits the Infant Massage can ease:
- Helps you to identify your baby’s cues, paving the way for better communication between you and your baby
- Assists with bonding and attachment between baby and primary care giver
- Helps to build confidence in handling a new baby
- Can help improve Post Natal Depression
- Helps establish safe boundaries for your growing child
- Empowers both mothers and fathers – Gives value to both roles
- Prioritises family time
- Increases Oxytocin levels, which reduces the stress hormone, Cortisol
- Reduction of physical signs of stress in baby and caregiver
- Helps you to get used to your baby’s body and quickly identify if anything is physically wrong
- Can promote better digestion
- Improved rest and sleeping patterns
- Relief from gas, colic constipation and elimination cramps
Classes are 1 hour long and are held once per week for the duration of 5 weeks. The classes have between 2 and 9 Mums & Babies
The baby massage classes will consist of practical demonstrations and theoretical discussions ranging from the origin of Infant Massage to how we manage our daily routines with a baby.
Baby Massage Classes are informal and baby led, meaning that if your baby needs fed, changed, cuddled, falls asleep, or is just not in the mood for massage at that time, then feel free to do whatever makes you and your baby comfortable.
Techniques will always be repeated so you will not miss out on anything.
Oils, wipes and massage pack are provided, however I do ask that you bring along either a towel or blanket that you do not mind getting oil on, and that you wear something comfortable as we will be sitting on the floor for the duration of the class.
If you have any back, hip or leg problems, please bring along a cushion, or let me know and I can bring one for you.
You can be as involved in the class discussions as you choose, or sit back and listen and just enjoy the time learning massage with your baby.